“The Library is the temple of learning, and learning has liberated more people than all the wars in history” Carl. T. Rowan
Our library is one of the oldest libraries in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad with a excellent collection of Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Sanskrit and English books. The college library has a collection of rare books, which are used by the Researchers and Students from all over the State of Telangana. The library was established in the year 1961. It has a carpet area of 1550 + Ground Floor 23x28 Sq.ft. with a seating capacity of 60 visitors. Our library with a serene atmosphere and ambience is the backbone of academic activities of the college and it plays a vital role in teaching, learning and research process. The library caters to the needs of about 500 users comprising of students, staff as well as research scholars. The library is maintained through UGC Grants and funding from Hindi Mahavidyalaya Samiti.
Library is a member of N-LIST. Through N-LIST Project, the library provides access to e-resource to students, researchers and faculty members.
Library Electronics Journals
- American Institute of Physics (18 titles and 10 years backfiles access)
- Annual Reviews (33 titles and 10 years backfiles access)
- Cambridge University Press (224 titles and 10 years backfiles access)
- Cambridge Core (224 titles and 10 years backfiles )
- Institute of Physics (46 titles and access from volume 1)
- Oxford University Press (206 titles and 10 years backfiles access)
- Royal Society of Chemistry (29 titles and 10 years backfiles access)
- Economic & Political Weekly (1 title and access from 1966)
- Indian Journals (250 + titles and access from 2007)
- JSTOR (2500+titles)
- EBSCOHOST (H W Wilson and Net Library)(2800+and 936 titles)
- Cambridge Books Online (1800 titles)
- Ebook Central SSO
- Oxford Scholarship-ebooks (1400+titles)
- MyiLibrary-McGraw Hill-ebooks (1124 titles)
- Hindustan Books Agency –ebooks (65 titles)
- Institute of South East Asian Studies (ISEAS) Books (382+ titles)
- Springer eBooks (2005-2011)(2300 titles)
- Sage Knowledge ebooks (1000 titles)
- Taylor and Francis- ebooks (1800 titles)
Library automation work is under progress, with the help of library software LIBMAN.
Working Hours of the Library
The library is kept open on all working days from 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.
- Smt Jyoti Hastak Principal
- Sri P Giridhar Head of Department Commerce
- Dr Rajsekhar Head of Department English
- Smt Archana Joshi Librarian
- Smt Archana Joshi
- Smt. B. Sangeetha
- Shri P Hari
Each undergraduate student is allowed to take 3 books for the duration of 2 weeks and post graduate student is allowed to take 5 books for the duration of 2 weeks. Books borrowed by students can be renewed for another 2 weeks if the books is not much in demand. Over due charges of Rs.5/- per day per book will be levied after expiry of due date. If the book is lost the librarian has the power to decide whether the book has to replaced or a fine is to be paid by the borrower. Fine could be six times the books current value in addition to handling charges.
The library orientation programme is conducted by the librarian and the supporting staff for every new batch of the students admitted in the beginning of academic year.
Sections of the Library
- Reading Hall
- Reference Section
Services/facilities offered by the Library
- Circulation service
- Reference Service
- Clipping Service
- Photocopying Service free of cost.
- Information display and Notification Service
List of Journals
- Economic and Political Weekly
- University News
List of Magazines
- India Today (English)
- India Today (Hindi)
- Sports Star
- The Week
- Employment News
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Competation Success
- Vivaran Patrika
- Business India
- Business World
- Science Reporter
- Bhaswar Bharat
- Gandhi Marg
List of Newspaper
- The Hindu
- Times of India
- The Economic Times
- Deccan Chronicle
- Eenadu (Telugu)
- Indian Express
- Hans India
- Varta (Hindi)
- Hindi MIlap (Hindi)
- Loksatta (Marathi)
Information as on 18.04.2017
|Number of books
|Number of Journals
|Number of Newspaper
|Number of Magazines
The library of Hindi Mahavidyalaya is a treasure house of knowledge. It is well stocked and is an asset to the college. It has a librarian to guide and attend to the readers.
The library has thousands of books in stock. It has books on various topics, subjects and events. New books are added from time to time. All the books are kept systematically.
The library also keeps magazines, periodicals, newspapers and journals. These are kept on the reading tables of the library. The readers cab equip themselves with current events and the latest development in various fields.
The library is a boon for poor students who cannot afford to buy text books or other books of their interest. They can borrow these books and read or study them at ear at home. The college gives permission to outside users like research scholars and other interested readers to utilize this facility. In this manner, the college/library fulfils the social responsibility also.
The ambience and the peaceful and scholarly atmosphere helps one to concentrate more on ones work and study. Thus, libraries will never become redundant. They will always be there to indicate the presence of a well read and educated society.
"A Library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life" – Henry Ward Beecher.
"Reading makes a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man" – Francis Bacon.